The UAE Awaits You …
Become an Educator at the Higher Colleges of Technology
Founded in 1988, the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT) has grown to be the UAE’s largest applied higher educational institution, with approximately 23,000 students attending modern, technology-oriented men and women campuses across 7 Emirates in the UAE. The HCT employs about 2,000 staff, from over 80 nationalities, who share practices, ideas and cultures from around the world, thereby enriching the HCT community.
With a reputation for embedding innovative teaching, learning methods and technologies in its pedagogy, HCT is at the cutting-edge of the UAE’s drive to diversify the economy towards a knowledge-oriented base. Teaching methods and technologies are the most modern available and focus on student achievement, advancement and employment.
HCT offers a wide range of English-taught programs in the core academic fields of Applied Media, Business, Computer Information Science, Education, Engineering Technology & Science and Health Sciences. These programs are designed in consultation with the UAE’s business and industry leaders to ensure that HCT student skills are job-relevant and up to the highest standards.
Executive Dean – Computer Information Science and Applied Media
The Executive Dean of Computer Information Science & Applied Media provides innovative, strategic and operational leadership that leverages best practices and models to implement the most effective teaching and learning strategies to consistently increase student success at HCT. A key objective of this post is to establish the Faculty of Computer Information Science & Applied Media academically and develop its reputation, especially to the outside community. The incumbent actively engages with relevant professional groups and HCT Faculty in order to meet the instructional and teaching needs of the Division. The Executive Dean promotes the Faculty of Computer Information Science & Applied Media and the HCT, both locally and internationally and is responsible for oversight of educational program delivery, Quality Assurance, Quality Improvement, Finance and Human Resources activities. The incumbent works with his/her division Chairs and program coordinators and relevant members of senior management to ensure that programs are internationally current and also responsive to the needs of the UAE community. The Executive Dean works closely with each Divisional Chair to achieve Program objectives and to ensure the effective integration of academic units into college programs and activities. In addition, the Executive Dean coordinates with the Dean of Academic Operations on matters that could impact the logistics of curriculum delivery. In the case of the HCT’s Faculty of Computer Information Science and Applied Media, the Executive Dean is committed to pursuing actively HCT’s linkages with the relevant professional groups and industry sectors, and to promoting HCT’s international activities and profile.
- A Ph.D. in a relevant field from an accredited university is required
- A minimum of 12 years of related work experience, with at least 5 years spent in a senior supervisory/leadership role with a record of progressive responsibility and authority. Should hold at least an associate professor rank.
- Industry experience in a relevant discipline with current knowledge of industry practices, trends and issues is required
- Proven track-record collaborating with business and industry
- Experience in developing course curriculum and assessment tools as per accreditation and international standards
- Experience designing and implementing quality assurance and institutional change processes
- Experience in budget planning and implementation
- Highly developed organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Strong management or leadership skills as exhibited by experience in effectively leading a team and/or chairing committees
- Superior interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to form professional relationships at all levels the organization and with appropriate external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to generate a direction and path for the HCT’s Faculty of Computer Information Science & Applied Media, develop long term objectives, contribute to the formation of strategies and establishment of priorities including change agendas.
- Ability to ensure that appropriate systems to support strategic objectives are developed and implemented. Such systems may manage the formulation of budgets, resource allocation, total quality management, external income generation, staffing matters and/or community liaison
- Ability to evaluate situations and make decisions on own initiative
- Ability to consult with others in order to inform, facilitate and expedite decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, including confidence in own judgment when dealing with others; Evidence of a high level of analytical ability and assertiveness/ persuasiveness to achieve positive outcomes
- Overseas work experience within a multi-cultural environment would be advantageous
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please email your comprehensive Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.