1. Professor of Statistics. The Professor is expected to play a leading role in research, curriculum development and mentoring junior academics. In addition the candidates should have:
Extensive experience in graduate supervision.
Proven ability to deliver innovative research across multiple areas of Statistics.
Demonstrated success in attracting research funding from a variety of sources.
2. Assistant /Associate Professors in the areas of Statistics, Mathematics and Financial Mathematics. Candidates are expected to have:
Good record of teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels
Good experience in graduate supervision.
Good research record.
Good experience in departmental and other university committees.
- In Statistics, preference will be given to candidates with active research in sample surveys, nonparametric, Bayesian and computational Statistics.
- In Mathematics, preference will be given to candidates with active research in Algebra and Discrete Mathematics.
- In Financial Mathematics, the successful candidate is expected to play a leading role in curriculum development of a financial mathematics degree program.
Mathematics and Statistic
Sultan Qaboos University (SQU) is the National University of the Sultanate of Oman. It is located within the capital area and close to excellent international schools and unique natural recreational areas The College of Science at SQU provides a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs, and range of service courses. The language of instruction is English. The department of Mathematics and Statistics is one of the largest departments in the University. The Statistics degrees offered by the department are BSc. Statistics, and a minor in Health Statistics, a course based MSc.(including a research project) and research based PhD. Faculty research interests include data analysis, experimental and survey designs, statistical modeling, demography and multivariate analysis. Excellent research funding is provided both by the university and by The Research Council of Oman.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.