The Allen Discovery Center (see http://allencenter.tufts.edu/) is dedicated to the advancement of basic biology and biomedicine, using an integrated, multi-disciplinary approach to control biological structure and function. Through a combination of molecular genetics, biophysics, and computational approaches, researchers at the Center work toward a multi-level control of patterning and biological computation. Novel technology and theory is being developed to modulate the bioelectric communication that enables cells to coordinate their activities toward specific anatomical and functional end-states. This new type of epigenetic control has significant implications for developmental biology, evolution, unconventional computation, synthetic bioengineering, and primitive cognition. Applications in progress include the repair of birth defects, regenerative medicine, cancer reprogramming, and synthetic biology. http://allencenter.tufts.edu
What You'll Do
This is a grant funded and limited term position, ending March 10, 2024 and subject to continued renewal with additional funding.
A Scientist III in the Center drives a research program that directly contributes to the Center mission. Working independently, but in close consultation and in cooperation with the Director and the Deputy Director of the Allen Discovery Center at Tufts University, this individual must be able to:
- Develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data. Perform routine and complex laboratory procedures.
- Collaborate on current/future grants through participation in grant proposals, submissions, publications and presentations.
- Participate in contributing data to publications and presentations as co-author.
- Participate in teaching, research, and mentoring including providing research guidance to graduate students or postdoctoral scholars.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a PhD and at least one year of post-doctoral training
- The individual must have demonstrated that he/she is able to make significant contributions to related scientific research and scholarship (publication in good journals)
- Potential to direct his/her own research
- He/she will be expected to publish regular, significant contributions in peer-reviewed journals
Minimum $62,200.00, Midpoint $77,750.00, Maximum $93,300.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.