Are you a driven organic chemist looking for new job opportunities?
The Department of Bioproducts and Biosystems at the Aalto University School of Chemical Engineering is presently looking for a
Postdoctoral researcher in the area of Lignin Chemistry.
In this position, you will be mainly working in fundamental and practical aspects of Lignin Chemistry and Technology in close cooperation with engineering, application and artificial intelligence experts. The main goal of our team is lignin engineering for different applications. This will be performed through deep understanding correlations between process conditions, lignin structures and properties and their application performance.
Depending on background and skills, you might also act as a team leader, who is responsible for other projects and PhD students. The position is at least for one year with a possible extension to maximum five years and is available immediately. The preferred starting date can be negotiated.
You would join the Lignin Chemistry research group headed by Prof. Mikhail Balakshin. The laboratories are located on the main campus of Aalto University in Otaniemi (Espoo, Finland) within the Department of Bioproducts and Biosystems, which is equipped with excellent facilities (http://www.bioeconomyinfra.fi/
Your experience and ambitions
In order to be a match for us, you should have
Ready to apply?
- a recent PhD in Chemistry or related fields; knowledge and expertise in Biomass and Lignin chemistry and Technology is an important asset
- good fundamental and lab expertise in Organic Chemistry and modern analytical methods
- excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- experience in carrying out independent research and working in a team environment cooperating with colleagues with different backgrounds; good communication skill.
- experience in writing high level scientific publications
- good multitasking abilities
If you want to join our community, please apply now by submitting your application through our recruitment system (link below, Apply now). The call is open until July 31, 2021, but we will start reviewing and interviewing candidates immediately. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
To apply, please share the following application materials with us (preferrably in one file):
- motivation letter
- list of publications
- names and contact details of references.
Want to know more about us and your future team members? Please visit https://www.aalto.fi/en/department-of-bioproducts-and-biosystems/lignin-chemistry
If you wish to hear more about the position, you can reach out to Mikhail Balakshin by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
More about the School of Chemical Engineering
More about Aalto University: