Postdoctoral Research Position, Semiconductors and Materials Spectroscopy (SMS) Laboratory
The Division of Physical Science & Engineering at King Abdullah University of Science & Technology (KAUST)
invites applications for a Postdoctoral research position at the Semiconductors and Materials Spectroscopy (SMS) Laboratory, http://spectroscopy.kaust.edu.sa
Applications are invited for postdoctoral or researchers position, in a Semiconductors and Materials Spectroscopy (http://spectroscopy.kaust.edu.sa
), Prof Iman Roqan's group (http://email@example.com
) within Physical Science and Engineering Division at KAUST, equipped with world-class laser facilities and advanced spectroscopic instrumentation: CW laser, ultrafast Ti: Sapphire laser attached to second/third harmonic generator and streak camera and the optical parametric oscillator (OPO). Our Semiconductor and Material Spectroscopy group investigate the optical properties of wide bandgap semiconductors based on GaN and related materials for light-emitting diode applications. Our group set collaborations with different international institutes throughout the world to solve global problems. Further information can be found at http://spectroscopy.kaust.edu.sa
Other Duties and Responsibilities
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
- In consultation with supervisor, deciding on research directions and goals, within remit of original project proposal.
- Contributing to the documentation of all research results for inclusion in papers, reports, and presentations, and contributing to the preparation of papers through completed drafts, reports, and presentations.
- Supporting of less experienced members of the project team eg Ph.D. students.
- Contributing to the preparation of technical reports for grant awarding bodies.
- Developing and maintaining external collaborations.
- Carrying out duties assigned by the research supervisor.
- Planning experimental activities and working towards deadlines.
- Maintaining co-operation at all levels with external bodies.
is being established in Saudi Arabia as an international graduate-level research university dedicated to inspiring a new age of scientific achievement that will benefit the region and the world. As an independent and meritbased institution and one of the best endowed universities in the world, KAUST intends to become a major new contributor to the global network of collaborative research. It will enable researchers from around the globe to work together to solve challenging scientific and technological problems. The admission of students, the appointment, promotion, and retention of faculty and staff, and all the educational, administrative, and other activities of the University shall be conducted on the basis of equality, without regard to race, colour, religion, or gender. Further information can be found at www.kaust.edu.sa.
Salary and Benefits
Remuneration will be competitive, and commensurate with the applicant's qualifications and experience. In addition, the appointment includes the following benefits: (i) Fully-furnished housing (including utilities) is provided at no cost to researcher, (ii) Health insurance is provided.
- A doctorate in a relevant discipline area, such as Physics, electric engineering, materials science, and optoelectronics.
- Demonstrated experience in optical spectroscopy, mainly ultrafast lasers, oscillations, and other optical components.
- Demonstrated experience in inorganic semiconductors and nanostructures
- A solid theoretical background in the area of optoelectronic devices.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team at national and international conferences.
- A high level of self-motivation, professional competence and a good command of oral and written English, PC skills, the ability to work in a team as well as alone, and good organizational skills are essential.
- A record of publications in quality, peer-reviewed journals.
- Good English language verbal and written reporting skills.
1. A complete professional CV, including educational background, experience, and a list of publications.
2. Names, affiliation, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of two individuals who could provide letters of reference.
Please send your application documents in full (cover letter, CV, certificates, publication list, references, etc.) online or by email. For more information, visit our website: https://www.kaust.edu.sa/en/about/postdoc-researcher-positions
The review of applications will begin immediately, and applicants are strongly encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible; however, applications will continue to be considered until the position is filled.