Required: PhD or equivalent in Biological sciences with a specialization in Immunology and Cancer Research. The candidate’s experience in the development of immunotherapies, gene therapy approaches, and/or gene-edited models for cancer will be prioritized.
Extensive research experience in a vigorous academic research setting and excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
Preferred: Experience in immunology, viral vector development, molecular cloning, and gene editing.
About the Job
The Department of Surgery at the University of Minnesota wishes to hire a full-time Post Doc. This person will work on research related to the projects funded by NIH and other sources developing novel therapeutic and diagnostic tools for cancer.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
1. Participate in the design, implementation and evaluation of research studies.
2. The specific research activities include but not limited to immunological assays and assessments, molecular cloning, viral vectors design and production, gene editing, in vitro and in vivo analyses of the products for evaluation of developed therapeutics, radionuclide-based imaging, GLP manufacturing and testing, toxicology studies in animal models, as well as collection and data analyses.
3. Develop of research ideas, projects and study protocols. Participate in weekly lab meeting. Participate in weekly one-on-one meeting with PI. Generate relevant and novel research ideas for grant applications
4. Prepare and Present Abstracts for Podium or Poster
5. Manuscript writing and submission to scientific journals
About the Department
Basic and Translational Research is a division within the Department of Surgery. BTR comprises of an intellectually diverse subgroup of non-clinical specialists. The division represents a wide-ranging skill set (laboratory administration, grant coordination, study design and scholarly manuscript editing) who are dedicated to advancing the vital components of the threefold academic mission of teaching, research, and service. Our robust research program provides our residents and faculty the opportunity to participate in scientific discovery and clinical innovation. We have a rich history of renowned basic and clinical science research, distinguishing yourself as an academic and clinical center of excellence.
1. Select the link to access our careers site.
2. Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
3. Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.