The department of Information Technology in the College of Engineering and Information Technology (CEIT) at Ajman University invites applications for a full-time Assistant / Associate Professor in Data Science/ Analytics to start in Fall of 2023.
The selected candidate will have primary research and teaching interests in data science/analytics. The position entails teaching at the undergraduate and robust engagement with practice and the business community. The successful candidate will be appointed to the Bachelor of Science in Data Analytics Program. You might also cooperate with other programs in the Information Technology department.
Qualifications & experience
- A Ph.D. in Data Science/ Analytics or related fields from an internationally reputable university
- Outstanding research record in the field of data science, which is demonstrated by publishing in top international journals and conferences (Scopus and SCIE)
- Strong assurance of distinction in teaching, curriculum development, and learning outcome assessment
- Experience in teaching data science and computing courses at the undergraduate level
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues in performing professional service.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Industrial Experience in providing statistical consultancy to researchers and the public
- Open to cross-disciplinary cooperation in research, teaching
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The selected applicant will be expected to:
- Develop and teach undergraduate in Data Science/ Analytics and Computer Science.
- Engage in innovative and technology-based approaches to learning and teaching.
- Publish high-quality research in leading internationally recognized journals in his/ her own field.
- Participate in committees at the departmental, college, and/or university levels as assigned.
- Actively engage in promoting the growth of the Ajman University.
- Ability to provide consultancy services to researchers and the business community.
- Actively seek out methods, procedures, and resources to best achieve course and lesson objectives.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
A completed application will include:
- A letter of interest addressing qualifications for the position.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- A statement of teaching philosophy and research.
- Copies of transcripts of all graduate coursework.
- A list of three professional references with names, titles, phone numbers, and email addresses- including a current or previous supervisor.