The Paleoclimate Dynamics Lab
in the Department of Geology at the University at Buffalo is seeking applications for a Senior Research Support Specialist
to serve as Operational Director for our Organic and Stable Isotope Biogeochemistry Laboratory (UB OSIBL
), who will maintain and operate the analytical facility and contribute substantially to graduate and undergraduate student training and instruction.
The laboratory is a service center facility that includes equipment to sample and process sediment cores, extract and purify organic compounds, an Accelerated Solvent Extractor, a Thermo GC-FID, a Thermo Delta V+ isotope ratio mass spectrometer with GC, and a Cavity Ringdown Laser Spectrometer.
Primary responsibilities include:
- operation and maintenance of instruments
- training and oversight of students and post docs to prepare and analyze sample
- sample management, analysis, pricing, and invoicing in support of the facility
- data reduction and quality control
- management of laboratory supplies and ordering
- enforcement of laboratory safety standards and protocols
Additional opportunities may include:
- collaboration with faculty on proposal development and research opportunities
- methods development to expand analytical capabilities and efficiencies
- professional development in the form of short courses or conference attendance
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.