As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, the College of Arts and Sciences at Marian University-Indianapolis seeks qualified applicants for a Postdoctoral Scholar. The Postdoctoral Scholar will work alongside Dr. Rob Denton in the Department of Biology and participate in NSF-funded research on the mitonuclear conflict and co-evolution within polyploid salamanders. Preference will be given to those with a record of conducting scientific research in evolutionary biology and genomics and the potential for excellent teaching and leadership. The Postdoctoral Scholar will promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by working closely with other faculty in Biology and teach ~1 course per academic year. The position will be funded up to three years pending satisfactory yearly performance evaluations. The salary will be $55,000 and includes benefits.
The Department of Biology at Marian University is a collaborative and growing academic community committed to fostering student engagement, problem solving, and communication. Marian University believes that to grow stronger it is essential to recruit and retain a diverse faculty and staff to build an inclusive community. Thus, we welcome and encourage applications across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, cultures, and national origins.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect data, lead analyses, and communicate results (presentations, peer-reviewed manuscripts) on projects related to NSF CAREER grant #2045704
- Teach approximately one Biology course per year
- Mentor undergraduate researchers as they develop and implement independent research projects
- Assist in the caretaking of live research animals
- Participate in career development programming offered through the PI and Marian’s Center for Teaching and Learning
- Join the PI in building a respectful, welcoming academic environment in which students from all backgrounds can develop and make progress towards their goals
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in programs and services.