The Division of Biology is seeking a Research Assistant to support research in molecular microbial ecology with Dr. Lydia Zeglin.
-Degree in Biology, with coursework in Microbiology, Biochemistry and Ecology
- Experience with basic molecular biology laboratory research
- Experience with field-based soil and aquatic ecology research
- Experience with data and metadata organization
- Specific experience in basic molecular biology laboratory research including 96-well plate enzyme assays, DNA extraction and quantitation, and PCR.
- Specific experience in field-based soil and aquatic ecology research including soil, aquatic biofilm collection using appropriate handling for downstream molecular and chemistry applications; measurement of root growth and total soil respiration, and of biofilm mass and areal coverage.
- Specific experience in with data and metadata organization including proficiency with Excel and Word software, and hierarchical organization of both raw and derived data products in association with sample and analysis metadata attributes, in preparation for databasing.
- Good critical thinking and communication skills.