A postdoctoral position is available at the Department of Inorganic Chemistry at the University of Chemistry and Technology in Prague in an international team working on an interdisciplinary project funded by the Czech Science Foundation (GAČR). Recent publications of the research conducted by our department are available here.
- work in a dynamic international research team
- access to state-of-the-art equipment
- full-time contract for 12 months with the possibility of two extensions
- competitive salary (approx. 500 000 CZK/year or 19 500 EUR/year)
- employee benefits (6 weeks of vacation, catering allowance, possibility of pension insurance allowance, language courses, institutional childcare)
- low cost of living in a tolerant, progressive and secure country with rich cultural and natural heritage
- work in the heart of Europe with convenient transport connection to the whole world
We look for
- Ph.D. degree in chemistry, biology, physics, material science, and nanotechnology or related field
- experience in at least one of the following areas:
· 2D-materials, synthesis and characterization techniques
· electrocatalysis and energy storage
- highly motivated postdoc with excellent research experience
- track record of publications in peer-reviewed international journals
- pro-active, flexible and responsible person with a collaborative mindset
- excellent command of English (level B2 or higher)
- organizational, communication and presentation skills
- start in January 2020 or as soon as possible
How to apply
Please send your application via email to Rui.Jorge.Coelho.Gusmao@vscht.cz or firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your CV, a brief motivation letter, the list of publications and contact details for at least two references.
Applications are accepted until the position is filled. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview where further details regarding the position and the research project will be discussed.
About UCT, Prague
The University of Chemistry and Technology in Prague (UCT) is a natural center of first-rate study and research in the area of chemistry in the Czech Republic and is one of the country’s largest educational and research institutions focused on technical chemistry, chemical and biochemical technologies, material and chemical engineering, food chemistry, and environmental studies.