At the Department of Chemistry, graduate and undergraduate and research educational activities related to public, health, environmental, industrial, pharmaceutical and academic are carried out. Approximately 15 faculty members from diverse nations are currently working at the department. The department combines state-of-the-art equipment with broad knowledge of academic and research areas in different branches of chemistry and chemistry related areas.
One important goal of the department of chemistry is to develop methods in organic chemistry area. Multistep synthesis of natural and biologically relevant compounds. In this regards we are looking for an Assistant Professor in Organic chemistry-multi step synthesis.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
We are looking for an outstanding Assistant Professor in multi-step synthesis-organic chemistry. In addition to maintaining an independent research track, the duty of teaching to both undergraduate and graduate students is an important task of the faculty.
- Teach theoretical and practical courses in the field at the graduate and undergraduate levels
- Conduct high quality research work in the area
- Recruit external and internal research funds
- Provide academic and professional advising to students
- Contribute to curriculum and program development
- Contribute in the academic assessment processes
- Contribute to community services
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
Ph. D in Organic chemistry from an internationally recognised University with a good track publication record in a top journals.
- At least 2 years of teaching experience as an Assistant Professor.
- Postdoctoral research experience would be an advantage.
- Proven record of synthetic organic chemistry (multi step synthesis)
- Experience in modern synthetic organic chemistry (diversity, solid phase,…..).
- Professionalism in spectroscopic identification of organic compounds.