The Department of Biological Sciences at the University at Buffalo, the State University of New York, is seeking a Lecturer to serve as an undergraduate laboratory course instructor and to work in conjunction with faculty and staff in the development and implementation of new laboratory experiments and courses. This is a non-tenure track faculty position (academic-year commitment) with an initial three-year contract with the potential for further renewal.
Duties and responsibilities include:
Course Instructional Responsibilities:
- Provide in class instruction for up to 8 laboratory sections and recitations each semester under the direction of course coordinators.
- Assist in the preparation of laboratory examinations.
- Grade examinations, reports, and other evaluations of student performance in laboratory classes.
- Attend and assist with recitations during which laboratory exercises are presented.
- Attend and participate in Teaching Assistant preparation meetings.
- Keep appropriate records of student performance in laboratory courses.
Course Development Responsibilities:
- Assist in course development under the direction of course coordinators.
- Design and test new laboratory exercises that can be included within BIO undergraduate laboratory courses.
- Provide instruction and guidance to TAs teaching in laboratory courses.
- Position may involve presentation of recitation lectures and/or laboratory demonstrations.
Laboratory Course preparation Responsibilities:
- Test-run laboratory exercises and adjust as needed to ensure that they run properly.
The University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.