The Department of Computer Science and Information Security at Southern Utah University invites applications for a full-time tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level to begin January 2022 or August 2022. The preferred candidate holds a Ph.D. degree in an appropriate discipline within the scope of computing, with an emphasis in Cybersecurity.
Graduate students with teaching experience or strong desire to teach are encouraged to apply.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; position includes benefits that may include relocation expenses to hired candidates for on-site employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities include teaching a variety of Cybersecurity and/or Computer Science courses, use of effective teaching strategies, and curriculum development. All faculty teach courses at the undergraduate level; faculty will likely also teach graduate courses. Additional responsibilities include scholarly activity, active participation on service committees, and other duties as needed to support a robust and dynamic environment for student learning. Ability to teach general Information Technology and/or Computer Science courses is a plus. Main course loads will be teaching cybersecurity courses, including fundamentals, defensive security, penetration testing, and information assurance.
1. Provide quality educational experiences in Cybersecurity and Computer Science for majors and non-majors in a student-centered environment. Tenure-track faculty teach 24 credit hours per year (4 courses per semester which may include graduate courses).
2. Tenure track faculty are expected to engage collaboratively with students and peers on scholarly activity that generates peer-reviewed publications.
3. Tenure-track faculty may be expected to teach both face-to-face and online courses.
4. Active participation and collaboration with the department to enhance a robust Cybersecurity curriculum based upon industry standards as communicated by an Industry Advisory Board (IAB).
5. Participate in and support the continuance of the program accreditation within the Department.
6. Fulfill service opportunities within the department, college, and university.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Ph.D. degree in Cybersecurity OR a related field such as Computer Science, Information Systems or Information Technology with a Cybersecurity emphasis.
2. Commitment to quality teaching.
3. Good communication skills and the ability to interact positively with faculty, staff, and students.
4. Strong evidence of potential research/scholarly activity.
Documents Needed to Apply:
Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Statement of Research Philosophy
Contact information for at least 3 professional references.
Optional: previous SOIs and student recommendations