Faculty - Assistant Professor - Information Technology
: Faculty - Tenure Track (FT)
UVU is seeking an Assistant Professor in Information Technology to educate and prepare our students to be the best they can be. The Assistant Professor teaches a variety of courses in Information Technology (e.g., Windows Server Administration, data communications and networking, router management, introduction and advanced system administration in Linux, computer architecture, scripting, virtualization, database security/auditing). Teaches day, evening, online, hybrid, and off-campus classes as needed or assigned. Provides service to the department, college, university, and community. Engages in scholarly activities. Participates in the accreditation assessment process. Develops a learning environment and activities that provide opportunities for students to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives.
Ph.D. or D.Sci. in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Assurance, or closely related academic field from an accredited institution.
Demonstrated teaching experience in Information Technology.
Evidence of scholarly research and presentations at academic or professional conferences.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of subject matter and course content pertinent to Information Technology.
- Knowledge of online teaching environments and learning course management systems.
- Knowledge of accreditation outcomes assessment process.
- Excellent teaching skills.
- Interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Curriculum development skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to plan measurable objectives, prepare instructional materials, and follow an approved curriculum.
- Ability to assess student work and maintain and submit accurate and current plans, reports, and records involving student accountability, attendance, and performance.
- Ability to work effectively with others and to assist internal (e.g., the department chair, academic advisors, and program coordinators) and external (e.g., advisory boards and industry partners) stakeholders in maintaining effective programs.
Ability to use computers. Other standard physical abilities for full-time faculty positions.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Please list a minimum of 3 business references within the application.
Using one of the optional documents, please identify which IT courses you believe you are qualified to teach:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/12403
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.