The Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development is an independent, academic, non-profit research center at the Tufts University School of Medicine. Founded in 1976, the center provides evidence and information to government agencies, foundations, associations and industry. Tufts CSDD research informs improvements in the quality, efficiency and speed of new medicines development.
What You'll Do
Tufts CSDD’s portfolio of grant-funded research projects includes growing number of studies that entail building, compiling and analyzing large and complex data sets and quantitative information. Tufts CSDD is looking to hire a data scientist with proficiency in conducting advanced statistical analyses; working with economic data; modeling and predictive analyses; and data management capabilities and expertise.
• Master’s degree in data sciences, statistical methods or mathematics
• 2-3 years of experience in a quantitative, data-intensive role
• Perform analyses on complex datasets using advanced analytics, statistics and machine learning
• Mentor research analysts and assist grant-funded research projects using sophisticated statistical and economic analyses and modeling to identify patterns, generate insights and forecast outcomes
• Manage projects and client interactions
• Extract, compile, organize, build and document large datasets
• Design and implement data collection methods including worksheets, online data management systems, surveys and coded qualitative methods
• Facilitate project meetings, prepare and deliver presentations and publications
• Experience building and managing large data sets
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Excellent follow-through and task completion
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Minimum $68,400.00, Midpoint $85,550.00, Maximum $102,700.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.