The United Arab Emirates University invites applications for a Faculty position (at Assistant or Associate Professor level) in the area of Biochemistry. Candidates are expected to have a strong commitment to teaching excellence and student advising at the undergraduate and graduate levels, a demonstrable research capability that will enable the candidate to develop and sustain an internally and externally funded research program in his/her area of expertise, publish his/her research findings in refereed journals, and actively engage in promoting the growth of the UAE University. Candidates will be required to teach Biochemistry and General Chemistry courses at undergraduate and graduate levels. The candidate must have a publication track record in top-tier journals. Experience in securing research grants, and student supervision will be an advantage. Qualified candidates at all levels will be considered at a rank commensurate with academic accomplishments. The candidate is also expected to participate in the department’s administrative services as well as community activities. Candidates applying will need to arrange three letters of recommendation. The position will remain open until filled.
Job eligibility: The following criteria need to be met before you apply for this job:
- The candidate must have a PhD in the area of Biochemistry or a related field
- Potential candidates are expected to have a minimum of two years of experience in teaching.
- The candidate must have studied or worked in a university that is ranked in the top 300, as determined by the latest QS or THE-World University Ranking systems.
- The candidate must have a considerable number of Q1 publications as determined by the Scimago Journal Ranking system.
A successful application will include the following five documents: Incomplete applications will not be shortlisted.
- Cover letter stating the capacity you are applying in, why you are applying for this job, and how you could complement the current Faculty's teaching and research capabilities.
- An updated CV showing (age, nationality, work history & h-index, etc.)
- A Research Statement describing the research program that will be developed and any special instrumentation that will be required (1-2 pages)
- Teaching Statement, which will mention a list of courses that have been taught and experience with virtual learning & teaching platforms/tools etc. (1-2 pages).
- A publication table showing the following:
- i) Title of publication
- ii) Journal name
- iii) State whether or not the journal is a Q1 journal and the journal impact factor
- iv) Number of Google Scholar citations for each article
- v) State if you are a first-author, co-author, or corresponding author
The successful candidate will enjoy a very competitive tax-free salary package, free accommodation & health insurance: children's education, relocation & furniture allowances, annual airfare tickets and many more perks. Applicants should submit the complete required application materials online through https://jobs.uaeu.ac.ae