Duties & Responsibilities:
The College of Arts &Sciences invites applications and nominations for the position of Associate / Assistant Professor in Organic Chemistry with Administrative Experience of more than 5 years. A Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry is required from a recognized university. The Department of Chemistry and Erath Sciences currently offers two programs (Chemistry as major and minor and minor in Geology). The College seeks dynamic scholar with an outstanding academic background, strong research credentials, with demonstrated leadership skills and experience in mentoring faculty, a strong commitment to education with a track record in innovative learning-centered teaching, and proven management skills. The candidate is required to have proficiency in Arabic and English knowledge.
Appointment will be for a fulltime position as Associate / Assistant Professor in Organic Chemistry, on a three-year, renewable contract. Employment is expected to begin in August 2020. To apply, submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, a statement describing a philosophy/vision for developing academically strong programs in the department in accordance with the goals for excellence established by Qatar University, and names, email and postal addresses of three references.
Candidates will be considered for the position on the basis of the following qualifications:
1. Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from a recognized/ranked university.
2. Teaching experience in both theory and laboratory classes for at least 5 years after the Ph.D.
3. Demonstrate competence in academic administration responsibilities for at least 3 years.
4. Effective leadership and team building skills.
5. Strong Research and publication record and ability to attract/secure external and internal funding.
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills in Arabic and English.
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, a copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate’s children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa). You need to setup an account and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete, you may use it to apply for the Position IRC 18722.