Evangel University, a Christian institution committed to the integration of faith and learning, invites applications for a tenure-track position in Biology within the Department of Natural and Applied Sciences. Start date is flexible.
A graduate degree (Ph.D. preferred) in biology is required. A strong background in microbiology, cellular biology, and genetics is preferred. While the candidate must demonstrate a primary interest and ability in teaching undergraduate students, an active research program is also a plus. The candidate must meet professional and personal qualifications, be a committed Christian, and must be committed to the mission of Christian higher education within the Assemblies of God.
- Teach upper-level courses in biology.
- Serve as an academic advisor and personal mentor to students.
- Support and participate in the spiritual life of the University.
- Serve as a role model for students in their spiritual formation.
- Guide undergraduates in research.
- Participate in professional and/or scholarly development.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings.
- Serve on faculty committees and University commissions.
- Represent the University favorably to the public and constituency as occasions permit.
- Abide by life-style standards of Evangel University (alcohol and tobacco free campus).
- Respect and publicly support Assemblies of God beliefs and practices.
COMPENSATION: Salary and rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
View employment criteria and apply online here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=f349d37e-0872-42cb-bcca-bc23d939ff50&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=376134&source=CC2&lang=en_US
Please email the following information to Dr. Michael Tenneson, (email@example.com), Chair, Department of Natural and Applied Sciences, Evangel University, 1111 N. Glenstone Ave., Springfield, MO 65802. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please include the following information in your email:
- Cover Letter.
- CV which includes:
- Colleges or Universities attended.
- Degrees and dates (majors, concentrations, and minors).
- Employment history.
- Professional organizations/activity involvement.
- Professional publications.
- Academic or professional honors.
- Experience with online instruction.
- References: Please have references (pastor, employer (or supervisor), co-worker) send recommendation letters to the Department Chair, Dr. Tenneson.
- Written Responses (250-300 words each):
- Describe your spiritual journey.
- Describe your approach to teaching.
- Explain your philosophy of Christian Higher Education.