The University of Alabama in Huntsville is seeking 2 regular full-time Postdoctoral Research Assistant III positions to work in the Center for Space Plasma and Aeronomic Research for approximately two years with the potential for renewal. Both positions will focus on major projects. Major projects for each Researcher include, but are not limited to (1) Perform work on ionosphere-thermosphere coupling at high-, mid-, and low-latitudes using a wide range of observational tools, including low-Earth orbiting spacecraft, such as ICON, SWARM, DMSP, and ground-based facilities such as Febry-Perot Interferometers, Scanning-Doppler Imagers, coherent and incoherent scatter radars, etc., (2) Perform studies on magnetic reconnection and flux ropes at the dayside magnetopause and nightside magnetotail, and the associated magnetosphere-ionosphere coupling features. Other responsibilities will include use spacecraft observations made by MMS, THEMIS, Cluster, etc, facilitated by Grad-Shafranov (G-S) reconstruction technique, as well as ionospheric observations, such as all-sky imagers, radars, and DMSPs.
- PhD in space science, physics, or relevant fields is required
- At least 2 years of full-time verifiable work experience is required
- Experience in analyzing ground-based or space-borne data is highly desired
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit the following materials to the job application link https://careers.uah.edu/en-us/job/494744/postdoctoral-research-assistant-ii…
1. A cover letter describing background, qualifications, and experience relevant to the position.
2. A full curriculum vitae (CV) – detailing education, awards, publications, research experience, etc.
3. A research statement describing research interest
4. Contact information for three professional references
The duration is two years with the potential for renewal. Salary will follow the UAH standard for post-doctoral scholars and will scale with the applicant’s experience.
Dr. Ying Zou
Assistant Professor, Center for Space Plasma and Aeronomic Research