Recruit Research Assistant Professor / Post-Doctor / Research Assistant for Research Team of Professor Li-yang Shao.
Recruitment and training purposes:
To publish high-impact SCI papers; train potential young teachers for our school (formally compiled) and train your ability to reach national youth science and technology talents.
Li-yang Shao received Ph.D. degrees from the Department of Optical Engineering in Zhejiang University, Selected into the National "Youth Thousand Talents Plan" and Sichuan Province "Thousand Talents Plan". He is currently a Researcher / Tenure Associate Professor and Doctoral Supervisor at Southern University of Science and Technology.
86 papers in top/first-class international SCI journals in this field (33 papers as the first and correspondent authors);
More than 40 papers at international conferences, including 5 specially invited reports;
7 national invention patents;
Google Scholar statistics cited has been more than 2,600 times, SCI cited has been more than 1000 times, H-index is 29;
The work of "Micro Fiber Vector Inclinometer" was specially reported by Nature Photonics (Influence factor: 29.278) as a research highlight;
An Invited Review Paper on Laser & Photonics Reviews (Influencing Factor: 8.008);
Reviewer of over 20 top journals including Opt. Lett., Opt. Express, J. Lightwave Technol., Photon. Technol. Lett., Sensors, Photonics Journal, and Plasmonics.
The granted research fund is up to 20 million RMB, under the Ministry of Science and Technology International Cooperation Special Project, the National Natural Science Fund, the National Thousand Talents Plan, the Sichuan Provincial Thousand Talents Plan, the Provincial Science and Technology Department for Key Projects, and the Shenzhen Municipal Government’s Startup Research Fund, etc.
Group’s research directions:
1) New microstructured fiber/fiber laser and its applications;
2) Distributed Fiber sensing technology;
3) Microwave photonic sensing and measurement technology;
4) Real time imaging technology for biophotonics;
5) Application research of optical information and sensing technology in the fields such as railway industry, perimeter security, structural health monitoring for bridge and tunnel.
1) Excellent academics, good health, age of below 35 in principle;
2) Ph.D. in Optics, Physics, Signal Processing and other related majors;
3) Strong independent scientific research capabilities and solidarity and cooperation capabilities;
4) Certain technical expertise, specializes in micro-nano fiber research, distributed sensor technology research, digital signal processing technology, microwave photonic technology, or with special frontier technology is preferred;
5) Good English in writing, and have published SCI papers in related professional journals as the first author.
Research assistant professor: up to RMB 400,000 yuan (pre-tax) per year; RMB 240,000~ 350,000 yuan (pre-tax) for Post-Doctor per year.
Have housing subsidy of RMB 2,800 yuan per month, 12 months per year.
You can receive the government subsidy of RMB 120,000 yuan (tax exemption) for the year after the beginning of the project, and the government subsidy of RMB 120,000 yuan (tax exemption) for the second year after the assessment. The school will pay various kinds of social insurance and housing provident fund. And the welfare fee is paid by referring to the standard housing for staff in school posts.
1) Comply with the conditions for Shenzhen’s reserve-level talents (one of the conditions of the National Youth Fund, China Postdoctoral Fund, or Continuing Further Work for 5 years, etc.) to receive an allowance of RMB 1.6 million for housing subsidy.
2) After finishing postdoctoral project in Shenzhen, the postdoctoral researcher will receive 300,000 yuan research fund.
1) Personal resume (recent photos, date of birth, education background from the university, work experience, research results, mailing address and telephone number, etc.);
2) Relevant materials that can fully reflect my academic level, such as: PhD thesis, representative papers, awards, major topics or projects, and future research plans.
3) Contact details of three refrees.
Please send the application materials to Prof. Shao liyang’s email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates who are qualified for the first interview will be notified by email or by phone. Thank you for your attention!