Florida A&M University-Florida State University College of Engineering seeks candidates to fill postdoctoral scholar positions in the in the broad areas of microbial biophysics, active colloids, and biorheology. Research will be performed in the National High Magnetic Field Lab in Tallahassee, FL. The ideal applicants will have experience with one or more of the following: biophysical techniques, microbiology, synthetic biology, microrobotic systems, machine learning, and magnetic/laser tweezers. Strong experimental skills are required, along with fluency of control design packages (e.g. MATLAB, LabVIEW, Python).
- Ph.D. in Biophysics, engineering, or related field, with published in peer-reviewed publications
- Excellent English communication and writing skills are essential.
- Preferred experience in one or more of the following: microbiology, rheology, robotics, and/or magnetic/laser tweezers, automation and/or instrument design experience.
Postdoctoral scholars will be expected to present work at major conferences, and prepare journal publications, and grant submissions. The ability to supervise graduate and undergraduate students, and work well in a multidisciplinary, collaborative environment is also highly desirable.
Start Date: Evaluation of applications will begin immediately, with a desired start date no later than August 1, 2021. Slightly later or earlier start dates may be considered. The position is for an initial period of one year, with a possible extension to a second year.
Applicants are asked to provide the following
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Anticipated availability date
3. Contact information (or letters, if available) for 2-3 references
Question regarding the position can be sent to email@example.com