Information & Communication Technologies Department (ICT)
School of Engineering and Technology (SET)
ONE POSITION AT ASSOCIATE/ASSISTANT PROFESSOR LEVEL
The Information & Communication Technologies Department (ICT), School of Engineering and Technology (SET), at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), invites applications for 1 faculty position at the assistant professor or associate professor level. Candidates able to teach postgraduate courses and perform world-class research in the areas of Computer Science are preferred. The position will remain open until qualified candidates have been found. Successful candidates may start work in January 2023.
- Ph.D. in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, statistics, or related field
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching and research
- Strong publication record demonstrating ability to perform independent research
- Demonstrated research excellence in computer science fields. Preferred research areas include but are not limited to algorithms, software development, cybersecurity, applied cryptography and blockchain.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The position is for a full-time faculty member with the following responsibilities:
- Teaching in computer science’s postgraduate and short-term training programs including theory of computation, design of algorithms, compilers.
- Supervising Master and Doctoral students’ thesis research.
- Attracting research grants from the public and private sectors including international agencies
- Developing new curricula
- Performing outreach activities
Applicants should send a letter of application and full curriculum vitae with the names and addresses of three references to the following address, no later than 30 September 2022.