The International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) on Reactive Structure Analysis for Chemical Reactions is jointly organized by two Max Planck Institutes in Mülheim/Ruhr as well as the Universities of Bochum, Bonn and Duisburg-Essen, all located in Germany.
We invite applications for
PhD / Doctoral Positions
to pursue projects in chemistry and physics with an emphasis on one of the areas catalysis, synthesis, computational chemistry, sustainable/green chemistry or analytical chemistry.
- Opportunity to perform research in a collaborative, international community
- Access to state-of-the-art instrumentation and infrastructure
- Mentoring and guidance by thesis advisory committees
- A three-year contract for doctoral/PhD candidates, salary is in accordance with the funding guidelines on the Collective Agreement for German Public Service (TVöD).
You can apply if you meet the following requirements:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in chemistry, physics or a related area. Talented Master’s candidates will also be considered
- Strong interest in performing interdisciplinary projects and a deep commitment to fundamental research
- Strong independent and creative work ethic
- Eagerness to learn new techniques
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
Applications for this PhD/doctoral program can only be submitted via the online system on our homepage https://imprs.cec.mpg.de/, and must include a cover letter explaining the applicant’s motivation, a CV, the Master’s degree certificate (if received) and transcripts, and the names and addresses of two referees familiar with the work of the applicant. The closing date is Dec 31, 2020.
Further information regarding the data protection for applicants can be found on our webpage: https://cec.mpg.de/en/career/career/data-protection-information-for-applica….
We look forward to receiving your application.