RIT Dubai is currently seeking applications from exceptional candidates for a full-time position in Mathematics. RIT Dubai is looking for a highly qualified, motivated and enthusiastic individual. The successful candidate is expected to teach undergraduate courses in the broad area of Mathematics and Statistics. A commitment to teaching excellence, and willingness to participate in the university’s general education program, university services and professional activities. The selected faculty is expected to start on August 25, 2019. The appointment will be at the rank of Lecturer and carry a 15-credit hour load for one academic year, renewal possible. Exceptional candidates may be considered for appointment as Assistant Professor (12 CH/semester).
Position subject to availability of funding.
- Master or Ph.D. degree in Mathematics from an accredited university.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Ability to teach a wide range of courses in Mathematics at the undergraduate level.
- Excellent communication skills.
THE UNIVERSITY: RIT Dubai is an international campus of Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, New York. It was established in June 2008 to offer RIT degrees and curriculum in Dubai. Currently, it offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs in engineering, business, networking and innovation and leadership. RIT is a multifaceted university located in Rochester, New York. The university offers more than 200 options in its professional career programs and delivers courses on-campus, online and in numerous international locations. The university enrolls more than 18,000 students who come to RIT from all 50 states and more than 90 countries.
Email your application to email@example.com to the attention of Dr. Jameel Maki, Coordinator of Mathematics and Sciences, Department of Sciences and Liberal Arts. The email subject line must include your name and the position you are applying for. Submit the following items as part of your application:
- resume or CV;
- cover letter detailing your technical/professional, teaching, and scholarship qualifications and achievements, how these address the required and preferred qualifications for the position, and which course/s of the list you intend to teach; and
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of three references.
Applications review will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is found.
For more information please visit RIT Dubai website at http://www.rit.edu/dubai/