As a part of diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, the Department of Biology at Marian University in Indianapolis, IN seeks a dynamic and innovative leader for the position of Adjunct Professor in Biology. The successful applicant will promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by demonstrating academic excellence and the potential for distinctive contributions to the holistic development of students. Teaching-focused candidates in Biochemistry and closely related fields are encouraged to apply.
The Department of Biology at Marian University is a collaborative academic community committed to fostering student engagement, active learning, problem solving, and hands-on learning. The department offers B.S. and B.A. degrees in Biology with B.S. concentrations in Cell and Molecular Biology, Health Science, Exercise Science, Environmental Biology, and Environmental Science with emphasis on developing transformative leaders for service to the world in a variety of areas of healthcare, government, and education. We are committed to ensuring equitable access to opportunities and resources for people of any race, ethnicity, religious belief, gender identity, age, economic background, disability status, or any other social or physical component of their identity. Through our curriculum, our classrooms, our scholarship, our outreach to the community, and ourselves, we seek to acknowledge and carefully address existing biases, barriers, and uses and abuses of power and privilege. This commitment to reducing discrimination and promoting diversity and inclusion is rooted in the Franciscan Values of Marian University, which make social justice an indispensable part of our calling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Teaching Load: One semester comprehensive Biochemistry lecture. Optional Biochemistry Lab teaching if interested in addition to lecture.
- A Ph.D. in Biochemistry or Biology or Chemistry with emphasis in Biochemistry.
- Demonstrated potential for excellence and innovation in student-centered instruction.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion that ensures all types of students can succeed.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current CV, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: