The Department of Physics and Astronomy, College of Science, of Texas A&M University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position with specialization in experimental or theoretical condensed matter physics. This position will have a nine-month academic appointment beginning August 1, 2021. Applicants will be considered for the faculty title of assistant professor.
The successful candidate will assume full teaching responsibilities at the graduate and undergraduate levels, establish a vigorous, independent research program that will attract external funding, and contribute to the service mission of the department. Researchers from all areas of condensed matter physics, both experimental and theoretical, are encouraged to apply. Texas A&M has an interest in expanding its efforts in materials science, and this position may be linked to hires in that area. Synergies of the candidate’s research with other programs in our department (for example, in atomic physics and quantum optics) may also be an asset.
We are committed to diversity in all its forms, and we encourage applications from prospective faculty who can enhance the diversity of backgrounds and ideas in our department.
Information on the Department of Physics and Astronomy is available at http://physics.tamu.edu.
Requirements are an earned PhD in physics or related field; strong record of publication; and specialization in experimental or theoretical condensed matter physics.
All applications must be submitted through Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/70401. Application review will begin on November 15, 2020, and continue until the position has been filled.
Each applicant should
- submit a cover letter stating a specific interest in the position;
- submit a curriculum vita including full publication list;
- submit a description of future research plans (maximum five pages);
- submit a teaching statement (maximum five pages);
- submit a diversity statement describing how the candidate would promote an environment of diversity and inclusion through his/her activities of education, research, and service at Texas A&M University (maximum one page);
- submit the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three references who have been asked to submit recommendation letters; and
- arrange three letters of reference to be uploaded directly to Interfolio by the letter writers.