The Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences within the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking an outstanding educator to integrate into our interdisciplinary and innovative teaching team. This is a full-time, A-term (12-month), non-tenure track faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The Department faculty educate undergraduate, graduate, and professional veterinary medicine students. The University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine affects the lives of animals and people every day through educational, research, service, and outreach programs. We are dedicated to the education of future and current veterinarians and biomedical scientists and the discovery of new knowledge and skills. Our college is situated on the beautiful St. Paul campus, right in the heart of a vibrant city.
- DVM, MD, and/or Ph.D. degree in the biological sciences or equivalent degree at the time of
- Experienced college or university-level educator
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with diverse colleagues, students, and stakeholders
- Experience in contemporary veterinary and/or medical education, including the development of
online educational curricula
- Educational/professional expertise in comparative biology and/or medicine
- Experience with the clinical application of educational content, especially as it relates to veterinary medicine
- A record of publication in biological or medical research and/or the scholarship of teaching and learning
This is primarily a teaching appointment with the majority of effort within the DVM curriculum. Depending on the candidate’s expertise, instructional duties will include participation in at least two of the following team-taught subjects: Microanatomy, Physiology, and/or Gross Anatomy. Additional responsibilities may include teaching in Microbiology and selected graduate and/or undergraduate classes and labs.
Research & Scholarship:
The candidate is expected to participate in collaborative research within biological disciplines and/or the scholarship of teaching and learning and contribute to the generation of new knowledge in their field.
Outreach, Professional Service, & Governance
The candidate is expected to participate in departmental and university committees, seek and/or maintain membership and service in regional and/or nationally-recognized professional organizations, and effectively communicate with university stakeholders and the public.
Effort Allocation Summary* FY21 (June 2020 – June 2021) Teaching 75%
Updated 19 Dec 2019 Research & Scholarship 20% Outreach, Professional Service, & Governance 5% *Specific effort allocation percentages to be determined at goal-setting meetings each year. Responsibilities may change as the needs of the College, Department, and Section change. Academic performance will be reviewed annually utilizing criteria established for contract track faculty members within the Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences.
Applicants should include a CV and a cover letter that includes teaching statement and philosophy and a list of three professional references in a single PDF.
Directions to Apply:
- Select one of the links below to access the University of Minnesota careers site:
External Applicant: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/334815
Internal Applicant: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/int/334815
- Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
- Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.