RIT Dubai is currently seeking applications from exceptional candidates for a full-time position in Mathematics. RIT Dubai is looking for a highly qualified, motivated and enthusiastic individual. The successful candidate is expected to teach undergraduate courses in the broad area of Mathematics and Statistics. A commitment to teaching excellence, and willingness to participate in the university’s general education program, university services and professional activities. The appointment will be at the Lecturer rank.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Teach at undergraduate and graduate levels in designated / allocated areas.
- Conduct research and produce publications, or other research outputs, in line with personal objectives and Institute’s goals agreed on with the Head of Department.
- Supervise or assist with supervision of undergraduate, taught graduate (Masters) and/or research graduate (MPhil/PhD) students, including academic advising and Co-Ops. / internships.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculums, handouts and learning materials.
- maintain records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
- Responsible of development, administration and marking of exams, quizzes, projects and other assessment tools.
- Provide support to students to better facilitate their learning experience; this includes setting weekly office hours, supervise related labs and use of students’ communication and registrar’s computer systems used at the Institute.
- Participate in administration work groups, committees and other activities both internally within the institute and externally as society services.
- Perform / initiate any other related duties that serve the job purpose.
Master or Ph.D. degree in Mathematics from an accredited university.
Previous teaching experience.
Ability to teach a wide range of courses in Mathematics at the undergraduate level.
Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Ability to deal with various situations and multicultural students / colleagues.
Flexible, able to work in a fast-paced, high energy environment
Strong organizational and planning skills
Class Leadership and students advising skills.
Fluent professional English Language
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Dr. Jameel Maki, Coordinator of Mathematics and Sciences, Department of Sciences and Liberal Arts. The email subject line must include your name and the position you are applying for. Submit the following items as part of your application:
resume or CV;
cover letter detailing your technical/professional, teaching, and scholarship qualifications and achievements, how these address the required and preferred qualifications for the position, and which course/s of the list you intend to teach; and
names, addresses and phone numbers of three references.
Applications review will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is found.
The University is fully committed to equal opportunity at all levels without discrimination on
the basis of race, gender, religion, age, family status, or national origin. In addition,
discrimination is prohibited on any other basis prohibited by law that applies to the faculty
member’s employment at the University. As an American university, RIT Dubai will give
priority to candidates who have substantial experience in American models of higher
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.