The Asian University for Women (AUW) seeks applications for full-time faculty position in Mathematics. Located in the port city of Chittagong, Bangladesh, AUW is a US style liberal arts university, with representation of wide range of international faculty and home to over 800 students from 17 Asian countries. The university is dedicated to teaching excellence in a liberal arts setting, with a strong commitment to research and scholarly engagement. Further information about AUW is available at http://asian-university.org
Field of expertise: Ability to design and teach courses in Calculus I and II, Differential Equations, Mathematical Programming, Numerical Analysis, Linear Algebra, Discrete Mathematics, and Probability & Statistics.
Academic Rank: Ranging from Assistant Professor to Professor, based on experience.
Start Date: January 5, 2020 OR August 2020; 1-year contract, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
Gross Compensation Package: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Included benefits: deferred compensation, accommodation, annual travel, health insurance.
Non-Bangladeshi citizens eligible for income tax exemption in Bangladesh.
- Ph.D. in Pure or Applied Mathematics, candidates who have submitted Ph.D. thesis are encouraged to apply.
- Evidence of teaching, research and publications excellence. -US style teaching experience preferred.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills; Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt in a multicultural and diverse academic environment.
- Plan, develop, and teach courses and seminars for undergraduate students in the Core Program (General Education Requirement) and Mathematics Minor.
- Serve as academic advisor and mentor to students.
- Supervise students in developing and implementing senior thesis projects including guiding them in data analysis, thesis writing and presentation.
- Attract funding and engage in research.
- Provide leadership and service on academic committees.
Teaching requirement: six 4-credit courses per academic year; expected to teach: Calculus I and II, Differential Equations, Mathematical Programming, Numerical Analysis, Linear Algebra, Discrete Mathematics, and Probability & Statistics.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, teaching statement, research statement and the names of three references, as either MS Word or PDF files, to Ms. Katsuki Sakai@asian-university.org