University of Cincinnati (UC)- Clermont College invites applications for an Assistant Professor - Educator position beginning fall semester of 2022. This position will not be sponsored. To apply for this position, you must be a US citizen or a valid US green card holder.
Faculty responsibilities include teaching 12-credit hours per term, typically fall and spring semesters, and performing service to the Department, College, University, Community, and a willingness to participate and assist with departmental activities and needs. All master degree candidates must have their degree awarded prior to their first day of employment.
Teaching responsibilities include teaching both face-to-face and online courses ranging from pre -college mathematics to single and multi-variable calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, and potentially statistics to a diverse student population which include first-generation college students. Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to undergraduate education that includes pre- college, freshmen and sophomore level courses. The department is committed to excellence in teaching and learning. While Educator positions are not expected to perform research/scholarship, they are expected to continue developing professionally and aiding in service is paramount. The initial length of appointment is typically for three years and continuous reappointment for lengths of one to seven years is possible based on program need, budget and performance. This position is also eligible for promotion to the associate and professor ranks within the Educator title.
• Education Requirement
A masters in Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Statistics or other closely related field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credits (27 graduate quarter credits) in Mathematics.
• Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
A minimum of one year of College-level teaching experience, which can comprise graduate school instruction where the candidate is the primary instructor rather than a recitation Teaching Assistant.
• Experience in teaching mathematics and statistics courses in both face-to-face and on-line environments.
• A commitment to high quality instruction and retention of pre-college mathematics students.
• Teaching experience with a diverse learner population including first-generation college students.
• A commitment to cultural diversity and inclusive teaching.
• Experience in developing curriculum and a desire to be involved in various curricular development projects.
To apply you must go to https://bit.ly/3A17REk
. The completed application must include the following documents. Failure to include the following will have application rejected.
1. A letter expressing interest in and qualifications for the position.
2. A current CV/Resume.
3. A statement of applicant’s teaching philosophy, especially as it relates to developmental, freshmen and sophomore mathematics and statistics courses.
4. A statement of applicant’s interest in service activities
5. Summaries of available Peer and Student Evaluations.
6. Contact information for three references, two of which should address the candidates teaching credentials.
7. Unofficial copies of academic transcripts (official will be required at time of hire).
Please direct your questions to:
Ms. Nancy Reveal
CC Academic Affairs
2400 Clermont College Drive
Batavia, OH. 45103
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.