Professional Officer (At All Levels) (Food Technology - RaPID/SPICE)
Job no: 498451
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract, Temporary
- Participate and manage the industry project as Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and team members to ensure all project deliverables are met
- Involve in customer engagements, includes gathering of systems requirements and formulate scope
- Involve in the full development life cycle, i.e., design, development, and testin
- Generate technical proposals, design documents, test documents
- A degree in Food Science and Technology, or a related field. Masters and PhD would be advantageous.
- Proven track record of technical expertise with minimum 7 years of R&D experience in food industry.
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience in food ingredients/ packaging/ processing, and their applications in food products.
- Good understanding in food chemistry/ microbiology/ texture/ sensory evaluation, with discerned laboratory skills for food analysis would be advantageous.
- Good knowledge / understanding in quality control and food safety management would be an added advantage.
- An innovative mindset in exploration, valuation, and application of new technologies in food product/ process/ packaging research and development.
- Experience in writing project grants will be an added advantage.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of industry practices to bring industry perspective to SIT.
- Keen interest in innovation projects, with demonstrated ability in developing solutions to technical problems.
- Strong supervisory skills and enjoy working closely with students in an educational environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency to keep abreast of development in the field and pursue professional certification programs. Possess industrial certifications in relevant areas will be an added advantage.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time