October 4th, 2019
Next review date:
Friday, Oct 18, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Friday, Nov 15, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Nutritional Sciences and Toxicology at the University of California, Berkeley, has 2 fully funded openings for Postdoctoral Scholars in the laboratory of Professor Anders Naar. The Naar lab investigates gene regulatory mechanisms involving complex circuits of transcription factors and non-coding RNAs (e.g. microRNAs). These efforts are providing detailed molecular insights that are guiding the identification of new therapeutic strategies for many types of cancers, cardio-metabolic diseases such as obesity, type 2 diabetes, non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases, coronary artery disease, Duchenne muscular dystrophy, and age-related macular degeneration. For further information on the Naar lab, please see https://nst.berkeley.edu/users/anders-m-naar
The postdoc will drive projects aimed at identifying novel regulatory functions of genes/microRNAs and uncover alterations in metabolic pathways using mouse metabolic disease models and in cancer cells and in vivo models of tumorigenesis and metastasis, which may lead to discovery of new biological paradigm with high translational potential. This research incorporates a wide range of approaches using cutting-edge technologies such as RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, CRISPR-Cas9 genomic editing and both cell and mouse models. In addition, the postdoc will interface with collaborators who are experts in diverse fields such as structural biology, animal metabolism and physiology from zebrafish to rodent models and non-human primates, as well as chemical biology and pharmacogenomics. We are looking for dynamic and self-motivated individuals that are able to take on fast-paced, multidisciplinary projects.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS ( at time of application):
- Candidates must have completed all PhD degree or equivalent international degree program requirements except the dissertation or be enrolled in an accredited PhD or equivalent international degree program at the time of application
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (by start date):
- Candidates must have a PhD or equivalent international degree by appointment start date
- The candidate should have no more than four years of post-degree research experience by start date
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (by start date):
- Demonstrated expertise with experimental practices in molecular and cell biology, as well as mouse/rat studies
- Strong publication record and show leadership capacity.
- Research experience in animal metabolism and/or chemical biology
The targeted start date for this position is November 1, 2019. The initial appointment is for one year, at 100% time, with renewal based on performance and funding availability.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Generous benefits are included http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/health-plans/index.html
This position will remain open until filled.
Specific questions regarding this recruitment can be directed to Professor Naar at email@example.com
The Department is interested in candidates who will contribute to diversity and equal opportunity in higher education through their research or teaching.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
Job location Berkeley, CA Learn More More information about this recruitment: https://nst.berkeley.edu/users/anders-m-naar
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter - 1-2 page cover letter that summarizes research interests and professional goals
- 3 required (contact information only)