University of Idaho
University Research (Div)
$50,000 or higher depending on experience and education
Provide support for the IWRRI applied research projects in support of the Idaho Department of Water Resources (IDWR) Eastern Snake Plain Aquifer planning, management and water rights adjudication programs. This includes aiding in the installation of continuous ground water level recording devices; collecting water level data recorded by these devices; collecting water quality samples; entering and processing this data into IDWR database systems; performing QA/QC analysis for this data; and performing statistical and mathematical analyses using this data to determine trends in water surface levels and water quality in the Eastern Snake Plain Aquifer. This position works under the direction of the IWRRI Director with input from the IDWR Planning staff.
- B.S. in hydrologic sciences, geology, water resources or related field of study.
- Education or demonstrated experience in collection of hydrogeologic data.
- Experience with computerized data management and analysis systems, including GIS software (ArcView/ArcInfo), spreadsheet software (Excel), database software, and computer programming languages (Python, Fortran, etc.).
- Current Drivers License.
- M.S. in hydrologic sciences, geology, water resources or related field of study.
- Experience with contract oversight.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with water quality data analysis.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
This position requires extensive field work involving multiple days at a time away from Boise and the ability to lift and/or otherwise carry 40 pounds of equipment.
Open Until Filled:
Preferential review of applicants to take place on January 10, 2020.
Applicants should address how they meet each required qualification and any applicable preferred qualifications within their letter of qualification.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.