Faculty - Tenure Track, Assistant Professor - Information Systems
: Faculty - Tenure Track (FT)
The Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) Department at Utah Valley University invites applications for a full-time tenure-track faculty position to begin January 2022 or August 2022. The successful candidate will teach a variety of Information Systems subjects, participate in accreditation assessment processes (ABET), create and use innovative instructional materials, and teach day, evening, weekend, online, hybrid, or off-campus courses as needed or assigned.
Expertise and experience teaching in the following areas is desirable: programming, business intelligence and data analytics, database security and auditing, web application security, and system analysis and design. Faculty members are expected to develop a learning environment and activities that help students achieve their learning objectives. Faculty members are also expected to perform in scholarship and service.
Utah Valley University is the largest public university in Utah and serves roughly 41,000 students, with about 250 students majoring in Information Systems. For more information about UVU and the IS&T department, candidates are encouraged to review the mission of the university and the Information Systems & Technology department webpage. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Ph.D. or ABD (degree completion required by start date) in Information Systems, Information Technology, or a closely related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Teaching experience in three or more subject areas listed above. Preferred teaching experience: Database security and auditing, programming, business intelligence and data analytics, and systems analysis and design.
* Knowledge of subject matter and course content pertinent to Information Systems and Information Technology programs.
* Knowledge of online teaching environments, such as Canvas or other course management systems.
* Ability to plan measurable objectives, prepare instructional materials, and follow an approved curriculum.
* Ability to assess student work and maintain and submit accurate and current plans, reports, and records involving student accountability, attendance, and performance.
* Ability to assist academic advisors, the department chairperson, and/or the program coordinators, faculty, department staff, and industry partners in maintaining effective programs.
* Interpersonal and written communication skills.
* Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
* Curriculum development skills.
* Maintain professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
* Conduct scholarship and service and have teaching interests that align with the field of Information Systems.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Ph.D. in Information Systems.
Six months post-secondary teaching experience.
ABET accreditation experience.
Evidence of scholarship.
Continuously listening, speaking, and hearing.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/24605
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.