Teaching Lab Manager - Biology 1615 Labs
: Staff - Full-Time
Utah Valley University is searching for a Teaching Lab Manager for Introductory Biology Labs in the Biology Department. This position organizes and maintains facilities and equipment for laboratory courses. Orders, procures and prepares supplies, materials, and solutions for laboratory and field courses. Identifies, selects, and makes hiring recommendations for adjunct laboratory instructors and student assistants. Trains and supervises laboratory personnel. Teaches laboratory and field courses in area(s) of expertise as assigned by Chair.
Graduation from a regionally accredited institution with an appropriate degree in a related field to the coursework being taught; or, a related combination of education and experience totaling six years or more.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of biology laboratory protocols, procedures, and practices. * Knowledge of safety standards for the use of laboratory equipment, facilities, materials and supplies.
- Knowledge of receiving and storage procedures for laboratory materials and supplies.
- Skill in providing guidance and instruction in laboratory protocols, the safe use of laboratory equipment, and safe conduct of laboratory inquiries.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to communicate information in a manner easily understood by students.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or hazard control standards.
- Ability to design/develop new laboratory activities and maintain/revise laboratory manuals.
M.Sc. or higher degree in Biology or a related field. A B.Sc. with relevant experience.
Physical ability to perform manual work including standing, walking, lifting, bending, and related activities.
Be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$43,811 - $58,414
STA155918 Biology Staff 06/30/2019
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
A valid Utah Driver License required.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/12719
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.