Search for University Jobs in Sciences
Adjunct Associate Professor of Biological Sciences
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Under the general supervision and direction of the Division Dean for the Agriculture, Science and Mathematics Division, the primary responsibility of this position is to teach community college Biology courses.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to the following:
- Instruct courses in Biological Sciences in accordance with credit course outlines approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Maintain expertise in current teaching methods, discipline knowledge, and discipline specific technologies.
- Assist students in achieving stated course objectives. Evaluate the progress of each student and notify students in need of counseling services and/or tutorial assistance. Track student learning outcomes and maintain records of student learning outcomes.
- Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review, modification, and the assessment of student learning outcomes in order to make the program successful.
- Support the Division Dean in cooperating with campus and community groups to provide programs, courses, and information relevant to the needs of the students and various programs.
- Coordinate with other faculty in the selection of textbooks, audiovisual and other instructional materials.
- Complete various reporting procedures as required for student evaluation, course reporting and budget development.
- Assist the Division Dean in the preparation of required reports by providing requested information.
- Attend various departmental, divisional and campus-wide activities and events as required.
- Plan and complete approved professional development flex activities each semester.
- Perform other necessary duties as assigned by the Division Dean and as outlined in Board Policy.
- Master's or Doctorate Degree in any biological science.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Demonstrated commitment to student learning and demonstrated commitment to promoting the success of all students in an open-access learning environment.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to motivate and teach community college students of diverse ethnic backgrounds, cultures, preparation, learning styles and/or disabilities.
- Commitment to professional growth and development, to innovation and improvement of teaching, and to assuming faculty responsibilities beyond the classroom in a shared governance environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in preparation and knowledge in the subject area.
- Demonstrated interest and exemplary teaching experience in biological sciences, especially in human biology/core biology/human anatomy for both science and non-science majors, including both large lecture and laboratory instruction.
- Expertise in the use of computers for teaching and management of online course information. Familiarity and ability to teach in a distance learning environment.
- Ability to teach in a technologically rich environment.
- Ability to teach in a large lecture format.
- Research experience within the Biological Sciences.
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours to meet the needs of our diverse student population
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 51.91
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 85.01
- External Opening Date: Jan 8, 2019
Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The Districts prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |