Full-time Faculty, Biology
American International University – Kuwait City
for the 2021-2022 Academic year
American International University (AIU) is looking for dynamic and engaged full-time faculty for its School of Engineering and newly established School of Arts & Sciences (which houses the general education program and will be home to the Bio-Technology degree). We seek individuals who are passionate about teaching, mentoring, and building successful learning environments with students, and who embrace working collaboratively with faculty from across disciplines.
AIU invites applicants for a full-time Faculty (Assistant, Associate) appointment to teach biology courses for engineering and bio-technology majors and within our university-wide general education program. The ideal candidate is an innovative educator who leverages professional trends and technologies to deliver relevant classroom experiences. The successful candidate will be a leader and current, active member of the biology field. This individual will be able to teach basic and advanced biology courses and demonstrate experience with standard industry tools. The candidate should have experience with various instructional modalities (classroom, hybrid, and online learning) and demonstrated familiarity with relevant instructional technology and learning management systems to effectively facilitate learning and communication with students. The candidate will also possess the ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures. Experience working with English language learners is highly desirable. The position carries the expectation for research and school and University service in addition to teaching responsibilities.
Candidates should demonstrate excellence in teaching related to their specific expertise and be able to work within a small program, emphasizing personal attention to our students. We expect leadership in undergraduate teaching and mentoring, curriculum development, and program assessment. We welcome candidates who will broaden our curriculum and diversify our campus community in regard to race, gender, and ethnicity.
- Ph.D. degree in Biology or related field
- Effective communication skills in English
- University teaching experience
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarship
- Experience with various instructional modalities (classroom, hybrid, and online learning) and demonstrated familiarity with relevant instructional technology and learning management systems
- Commitment and experience working effectively within a diverse university community
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with faculty from a variety of disciplines
- Experience working with English language learners a plus
- Experience with program and course outcomes assessment highly desirable
- Industry/Professional Experience in Biology (or related field): 5 years (Required)
- University Teaching: 5 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- Arabic (Preferred)
About American International University:
AIU is a new institution of higher education in Kuwait whose first student cohort was admitted in fall 2019. It is a private, co-educational institution offering undergraduate degrees based on the American model of higher education, including a comprehensive general education curriculum. Through its educational and student services programming, the University serves the intellectual, cultural, and personal growth of all members of its community. AIU offers degree programs in Engineering, Architecture, and Design, and Business Administration where the language of instruction is English.
For more information about AIU visit: www.aiu.edu.kw
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please visit the Job Opportunities section of our webpage and submit your resume and cover letter: https://aiu.edu.kw/careers/jobs