Postdoctoral Research Associate
Job Summary/Basic Function: The successful candidate will carry out calculations related to catalysis and/or protein and amino acid based strategies, among other calculations related to transition metal and/or protein chemistry.
Job site is primarily in the state of Michigan under supervision of Dr. Angela Wilson
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Minimum Qualifications: Ph.D. in Chemistry or closely related field
- The candidate must have significant experience with primary doctoral work in the utilization of computational chemistry methods.
Preferred Qualifications: * Computational experience in one or more of the following areas is strongly preferred:
- quantum mechanical studies of small molecules using single-reference and multi-reference wave function strategies
- reaction thermodynamics and kinetics
- protein-small molecule interactions
- modeling of mixtures
- homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis, with heavier emphasis on homogeneous catalysis