- Full time, fixed term level A appointment for 3 years
- Opportunity to contribute to research within the ARC Centre of Excellence for Innovations in Peptide and Protein Science (CIPPS)
- Base Salary $98,645 – $105,305 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate to join the research programme investigating the identification, synthesis and characterisation of lipid-binding peptides and proteins.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- undertaking research
- supervision of undergraduate students’ research in the areas of peptide chemistry
- publication of research papers
The School of Chemistry is regularly ranked among the top 50 in the world and is one of the main centres for chemical research and education in Australia. We attract an outstanding cohort of undergraduate students as well as postgraduate research students to this vibrant and world-class research environment.
The ARC Centre of Excellence for Innovations in Peptide and Protein Science (CIPPS) is a nationally funded research centre. Collectively our team spans 15 Australian universities and research institutes and 21 national and international research partners. Further information about the Centre can be found at http://www.cipps.org.au/.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate who has:
- PhD (or near completion) in peptide or protein chemistry
- demonstrated ability to use bioinformatics to identify peptides/proteins with specific domains, 3D structures and sequence homology
- the ability to synthesise and purify peptides and/or express proteins
- experience in the use of research methodologies relevant to peptide and protein synthesis and/or expression
- proficient in the use of techniques (e.g. NMR or SPR) for the determination of molecular interactions and the analysis of this data
- experience in research record keeping, preparation of research papers and presentation of seminars
- published research as sole author or in collaboration.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
Closing date for applications
11.59pm, Sunday 20 Feb 2022
© The University of Sydney