Qatar Environment & Energy Research Institute (QEERI)-Catalysis and Process Technology Program together with an industrial partner is currently seeking a highly versatile and self-motivated Research Assistant (RA) to join our fast-expanding Sustainable & Circular Chemical Economy Team. In this role, you will use a combination of Polymer Chemistry, Inorganic, Organic, Organometallic Chemistry, Applied Catalysis, Carbon Capture and Utilisation and Material Science approaches, together with Circular Chemical Economy concepts, to investigate Circular Economy for Single Use Plastic Waste Utilisation for the oil & gas industry to yield market competitive low carbon footprint chemical processes. During the course of the project, a compositional analysis of various plastic waste streams in Qatar, GCC and beyond will be evaluated for the development and deployment of an efficient circular chemical recycling program. Techno-Economic, Carbon Footprint/Carbon Credit Analyses for potential chemical recycling processes and the development of catalysts and catalytic process technologies for efficient and cost-competitive utilisation of plastic waste (Plastic Refinery Processes) as an alternative to traditional oil and gas feedstock will be evaluated. We aim to develop chemical recycling technologies including process optimisation and techno-economics analyses to convert plastic wastes into value-added building blocks such as C2-C6 feedstock for use in the chemical industry for pilot scale studies for integration with in-house developed GTL 1.5 technology for carbon valorisation.
The successful candidate is expected to have extensive hands-on experience in contributing to the design, development, optimisation, and validation of a wide range of chemical processes using the best industry practices to support the development of a Circular Chemical Economy. The selected candidate(s) will also help shape the structure/culture of our Circular Chemical Economy team and will contribute in a collaborative, supportive, and dynamic environment.
Minimum Position Requirement:
- Master's degree in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering with 2 years of relevant full-time work experience in a relevant field. Preference will be given to applicants with PhD in closely related chemical or chemical engineering fields. Industrial experience will be considered.
- Experience conducting scientific experiments and technical developments
- Familiar with scientific equipment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely; Arabic proficiency is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
How To Apply:
If you're interested in applying for this position, email your Resume and Portfolio alongwith a Cover Letter addressed to
"Dr. Sarim Dastgir, Qatar Environment and Energy Research Institute (QEERI), Research And Development Complex, P.O. Box: 34110, Qatar Foundation, Education City, Doha – Qatar, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, https://www.hbku.edu.qa/en/qeeri"
For additional questions regarding this position, please email Dr. Sarim Dastgir at email@example.com.