Summary of Position
The Acquisition Innovation and Research Center (AIRC) is seeking a highly motivated individual in the greater Washington D.C. Area to join its research team as a Research Scientist to support highly technical research and project related activities under the direction of a senior principal investigator to ensure the successful execution of the contract project.
• Participate in the conceptual formulation of multi-level models of complex enterprises to support computational policy exploration and analysis by defined user groups.
• Lead design of a computational architecture to embody multi-level enterprise models, first focused on use experience (UX), then user interface (UI), and then functional requirements
• Lead development and test of multi-level computational enterprise models, including creation of interactive visualizations for large-screen portrayals to support group interactions.
• Participate in empirical evaluation of the usability and usefulness of interactive models for group support and preparation of reports, conference papers, and journal articles reporting design and evaluation of models.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or related science/engineering discipline; PhD preferred
• Courses in behavioral and social sciences, e.g., human-computer interaction
• Domain knowledge in relevant complex enterprise systems
• Significant relative experience with data analysis, research methods
• Experience applying computer science concepts in problem solving through algorithm development and programming
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team in executing research and/or development projects.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to represent the work area and the larger SERC community
• Evidence of high potential for excellence in research and development as demonstrated through academic study or work experience
This is a full-time position available immediately. US Citizens preferred. Interested candidates should submit a CV (including publications), cover letter and at least two (2) references via Workday.
About the AIRC
The Acquisition Innovation and Research Center (AIRC) was recently established to drive a culture of innovation by linking government acquisition teams with faculty research teams to develop, prototype, and test new ideas across the realms of technology, process, policy, contracting, law, and human capital. AIRC is aligned with the SERC, a University-Affiliated Research Center of the US Department of Defense, that leverages the research and expertise of senior lead researchers from over 20 collaborator universities throughout the United States.
Stevens values diversity and seeks candidates who can contribute to a welcoming climate for students, faculty, and staff of all races and genders. We are an NSF ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from qualified women and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Program Operations SERC
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police