POSITION Laboratory Technician, Physics
DEPARTMENT Core Curriculum Program – Mathematics and Natural Sciences
SCHOOL Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University
REPORTS TO Department Chair; College Dean
The Deanship of CORE Curriculum offers a broad range of core academic courses that are available to meet the specific needs of individual degree programs. All students are required to successfully complete courses in each of three College CORE fields: natural and physical sciences, mathematics, and social and behavioral sciences.
The CORE Curriculum is a set of humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, mathematics and Assessment Capstone competencies that help our students develop and grow as lifelong learners. The ultimate goal of the Core Curriculum Program is to empower our students with the rational thinking that enables them to consider what it is like to act and think as researchers, historians, businessmen, chemists, physicists, mathematicians and economists.
The Deanship of CORE Curriculum is committed to working towards achieving the goals articulated in Saudi Vision 2030. Our students expect to be globally competent and empowered with the communication, technological and critical thinking skills that the job market needs. Therefore, integral to the CORE Curriculum are the global competencies that today’s business sector requires. The CORE Curriculum, with its two departments centralizes six defining competencies which are integral to its courses: Communication, Technology, Critical Thinking, Professional Development, Teamwork and Leadership.
The primary role of Laboratory Technician is to oversee all Physics laboratories. Specifically, performs a variety tasks related to Physics laboratory operations including the procurement, testing, and maintenance of lab equipment, and inventorying and purchasing equipment and supplies to facilitate teaching objectives. Furthermore, the Lab Technician will be aware of the content of these courses on a weekly basis, will be actively involved in organizing equipment, will troubleshoot laboratory activities, and will assist the lab instructor in teaching some lab sessions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out the duties of the position in accordance with College values and standards and in line with College policies and procedures, upholding high professional standards and leading by example.
- Work with our students as members of a learning community to provide world-class education and an excellent student experience.
- Integrate the College value of inclusiveness into all appropriate aspects of the job, respecting the dignity and diversity of all members of the College community and of visitors to the College.
- Promote the values of collegiality within the College community.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED)
- A BS degree or diploma from Western University in Physics
- Candidate must have the ability to demonstrate and instruct in English.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED)
- Maintain an appropriate scholarly or professional development activity and to keep up to date with developments in the field as necessary to carry out the duties of the position.
- Participate in the comprehensive advisement of students majoring in the College.
- Contribute to the overall work of the College and/or equivalent external organizations by representing the institution and faculty on appropriate committees and groups.
- Effectively contribute to the management and administrative processes and committee structures of the School, faculty, and College, as required.
- Participate in, manage, or lead major initiatives or areas of work (as either sustained or one-time projects) that facilitate School, faculty, or College performance and accreditation, as required.
- Participate in the recruitment, management, development, and mentoring of colleagues, as required.
- And perform any and all other position-related duties as requested by Chair, Dean, Vice Rector, or Rector.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
PMU offers an income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, and annual round-trip airfare to the home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
These positions are exciting opportunity for faculty to experience the state-of-the-art facilities and learning-centered environment. Also, PMU offers an opportunity to experience the life and culture of the Middle East.
We are looking for creative, experienced and qualified applicants who will identify with the mission of the University.
HOW TO APPLY
Application must include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae (include recent photo, citizenship, links to Google Scholar and LinkedIn profile) and unofficial copies of all university transcripts, statement of teaching interest, as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three (3) professional references.
Positions advertised on our job website and can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
For submission of applications, log-on to our career site:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
- Please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more inquiries about this position, please contact the following: (please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement).
Ms. Charisma A. De-Castro
Ms. Rania Sinno
PMU reserves the right to alter, amend and add responsibilities to this position in line with the institutional needs. Changes and amendments to this job description shall be within the academic framework and the general employment conditions.