One postdoctoral research assistant position is available in the lab of Dr. Trevor Krabbenhoft in the Department of Biological Sciences and the RENEW Institute (www.buffalo.edu/renew) at the University at Buffalo (SUNY@Buffalo). Possible research areas, building off ongoing projects in the lab, include:
(1) Fish genome sequencing and assembly using long read technology
(2) Genome evolution following WGD (gene silencing, diploidization, neofunctionalization, etc.)
(3) Integration of ecology and genomics/evolutionary biology
(4) Epigenetics and its role in adaptation
(5) Genetic and environmental control of sex determination
The research direction will be determined based in part on the background, expertise, and interests of the successful applicant.
A PhD in biology, computer science, bioinformatics, or related field is required.
Contact’s Name Trevor J. Krabbenhoft
Contact’s Title Assistant Professor
Contact’s Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact’s Phone 716-645-4934