Search for University Jobs in Sciences
Scientific Computing Systems Specialist
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Scientific Computing Systems Specialist
Information technology Department
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Academic and Research Computing group (ARC) is seeking a talented and skilled individual to join our team as a SC Systems Specialist. The ARC Systems Specialist will join a great team consisting of application scientists, Data Scientist and Systems Integrators. The ARC Systems Specialist will have a great opportunity to work with world class faculty and students across all disciplines and have access to a state of the art compute environment.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Research Computing, the Systems Specialist will provide hardware and software support for high-performance computing systems, instruments, large scale simulations and data analysis in many disciplines.
- Maintain the software portfolio on different supercomputing systems including installation/compilation and documentation of community applications, third-party software and libraries as needed
- Help Faculty and Students to develop, debug, install, modify and support application codes and libraries.
- Perform system integration and testing to ensure installed systems meet faculty requirements. Provide expert diagnosis of system incidents and anomalies required
- Develop and maintain web-based training modules and support materials.
- Assist users to install, configure and/or script scientific tools and applications, understanding and guiding work and data flows for their analysis.
- Work with other IT training staff to coordinate resources and offer more comprehensive approach to training.
- Work and participate with faculty in proposals to obtain funding to complement the support of these education activities.
- Other related duties as required.
- MS in a Computational Science/Engineering, Bioinformatics or equivalent experience in biomedical research. Ph.D. preferred
- Programming in major languages e.g. C/C++, Python, Fortran, etc.
- Linux/Unix systems knowledge
- Scripting in bash, PERL, etc.
- Code building, profiling and performance tuning
- Knowledge of scalable parallel programming (MPI, etc.), GPU programming (CUDA) and programming for multi-core architectures.
- The ability to communicate and understand complex requirements of scientists or engineers and to work closely with other team members in the development and tuning of effective solutions will be essential
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills. Ability and strong desire to teach users effective use of applications in support of the academic mission of the university.
WPI requires that all employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted (if applicable). For additional information, please go to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Scientific-Computing-Systems-Specialist_R0001994
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-857b1afc810cb94ba52897dbb0283606
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |