Overview: We invite applications for an Interdisciplinary Postdoctoral Research Associate Position in Urban Intelligence and Complex Networks. The selected candidate will engage in multiple interdisciplinary research projects related to harnessing urban big data in modeling and understanding network dynamics in complex interconnected social, physical, and engineered networks in the context of emergencies (e.g., flooding, wildfire, and pandemics).
Required Qualifications: We welcome applications from various related disciplines such as network science, data science, intelligent systems, applied mathematics, system engineering, operations research, and civil engineering. We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
1. Proficiency in Python (or other programming skills) and libraries for data processing and analytics
2. Understanding of theoretical and mathematical foundations of temporal and multiplex networks
3. Experience in data analytics and machine learning/deep learning on networks
4. Strong oral and written communication in English
5. Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills
Features of the Position: The position offers exciting opportunities for academic training and professional development such as:
- Participating in multiple interdisciplinary research projects from various research sponsors
- Working with and mentoring a large group of graduate students in civil engineering and computer science
- International collaborations with leading researchers in the field from universities in Europe and Asia
- Collaboration with industry partners
- Working with interdisciplinary researchers from various Texas A&M research centers and institutes such as: Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station, Data Science Institute, Hazards and Disaster Recovery Center, Center for Infrastructure Renewal, and Texas A&M Transportation Institute
- Opportunities to participate in grant writing
- Conference travel and other professional development support
Position Duration and Salary: This position is for two years with an initial appointment for one year (12 months) and renewal upon satisfactory performance. The start date is flexible (preferred not to be later than June 2022). Competitive salary is supplemented with fringe and benefits.
How to apply: Submit a letter of application with the following documents (as a single PDF file) to Dr. Ali Mostafavi: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Updated CV
- Research statement (maximum 3 pages)
- Copies of two representative scientific manuscripts
- Names and contact information of two references