The Tufts Center for Regenerative and Developmental Biology conducts exciting state-of-the-art research in molecular mechanisms of embryonic and regenerative patterning. We are dedicated to the advancement of basic biology and biomedicine, and to becoming a leader in basic, translational, and clinical research using biophysical mechanisms to ultimately regenerate and control the growth of human tissues. This novel technology is aimed at replacing tissues and organs that are lost, damaged, or non-functional as a result of genetic syndromes, birth defects, cancer, degenerative neural diseases, accidents, aging, and organ failure.
What You'll Do
This is a one year limited term position and may be be renewed annually based on funding.
Under minimal supervision, the Research Technician will conduct a variety of experiments following established procedures/protocols, which may include tissue culture, microfluidic techniques, imaging cells, performing assays, and other routine molecular-biology laboratory techniques (immunostaining, etc.). The Resaerch Technician will also handle the below duties:
- Read scientific literature and adapt scientific techniques to meet the specialized needs of the laboratory
- Help investigators with protocol development as necessary
- Record test results
- Analyze data using basic statistics
- Create monthly and quarterly reports
- Manage laboratory equipment and supplies
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences with at least 1 year of experience in a research lab
- Knowledge of scientific principles
- Ability to read scientific literature
- Accurate, detailed data and record keeping
- Organizational skills
- Manual dexterity
- Knowledge of specialized statistical software, MATLAB
- Experience with microfluidic techniques is highly desirable
- Basic molecular biology: PCR, DNA and RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, qPCR, western blotting
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
This is an on-site position.