The College of Information Technology (CIT) has engaged in an ambitious reorganization effort aiming to harness the prevalence of computing and the rise of artificial intelligence to advance science and technology innovation, for the benefit of society. Under its new structure, the College will serve as the nexus of computing and informatics at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU). CIT will build on the strength of its current research programs to create new multidisciplinary research initiatives and partnerships, across and beyond the university campus, critical to its long-term stability and growth. CIT will also expand its education portfolio with new multidisciplinary degree programs, including a BSc. in Artificial Intelligence, a BSc. in a Data Science, a BSc. in Computational Linguistics, jointly with the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, a MSc. in IoT, and a Ph.D. in Informatics and Computing. Also planned is a suite of online Microcredentials in emerging fields of study, including IoT, Cybercrime Law and Digital Forensics, Blockchains, and Cloud Computing.
CIT has openings for several faculty positions in all ranks and in all areas of computing and information research and education. Highly sought are individuals with deep expertise and the ability to work across the entire spectrum of research in the computing and information disciplines, including, but not limited to, artificial intelligence, machine learning and data science, Internet of Things and Cyber Physical Systems, Software and System Engineering, and Information and System Security and Privacy.
- Profile 1: A strong research record in Computer Science with a focus on Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Data Science and Data Mining, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, and their applications in different domains.
- Profile 2: A strong research record in the broad area of Informatics and Cybersecurity, with a focus on emerging and disruptive systems and technology, including IoT, Cloud and Edge Computing, Autonomous and Smart Systems, Healthcare, Cybercrime and Digital Forensics.
- Profile 3: A strong research record in the general area of Internet of Things, including IoT systems, platforms, applications and services, Cloud and Edge Computing systems and applications, Pervasive and Ubiquitous Mobile Computing, and Autonomous Systems.
Candidates should hold a Ph.D. degree in computer science, information science or closely related areas or fields. Preferred qualifications include:
- Established record of discipline specific research publications in internationally recognized journals and conferences.
- Demonstrated experience writing and securing grants and contracts.
- Evidence of excellence in teaching and student supervision at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty across multiple departments and programs.
Faculty rank is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The positions will remain open until filled.
The UAEU and CIT are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment and culture for students, staff, and faculty.
Applications must be submitted online at https://jobs.uaeu.ac.ae/search.jsp (postings under CIT). The instructions to complete an application are available on the website. A completed application must include:
- A cover letter reflecting on your interest and alignment with CIT’s mission;
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae;
- A research statement, describing current and future research;
- A teaching statement, describing teaching philosophy; and
- The names and contact information for at least three recommenders.
Questions/enquiries should be addressed to Ms. Muna AlMazrouei. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
About the UAEU:
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is the first academic institution in the United Arab Emirates. Founded by the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan in 1976, UAEU is committed to innovation and excellence in research and education. As the country’s flagship university, UAEU aims to create and disseminate fundamental knowledge through cutting-edge research in areas of strategic significance to the nation and the region, promote the spirit of discovery and entrepreneurship, and educate indigenous leaders of the highest caliber. To achieve its mission, UAEU is uniquely endowed with a number of research and education centers, focused on advancing knowledge in areas of strategic importance to the country and the region: Big Data Analytics Research Center, National Space Science and Technology Center, Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan Center for Health Sciences, Khalifa Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Emirates Center for Mobility Research, UAEU Center for Public Policy and Leadership, and National Water and Energy Center. UAEU currently enrolls over 14,000 students from more than 64 countries, and offers a full range of internationally accredited, high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs hosted in nine Colleges. The University provides its students with modern facilities equipped with state-of-the art technology.