The Department of Biological and Physical Sciences at the American University in Dubai invites qualified applicants for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor of Chemistry. The expected joining date is Fall 2023.
The successful candidate will have:
• Ph.D. or an equivalent terminal degree in Chemistry from a Western accredited university
• Expertise and experience in teaching courses and labs in General, Inorganic, and Organic Chemistry
• Previous teaching experience in a Western higher education system, with high ratings of teaching effectiveness;
• Evidence of scholarly activity or strong potential for scholarly contributions;
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills; and
• The ability to work collegially within a diverse team of faculty members.
Candidates should have evidence of successful teaching experience or must demonstrate significant potential and promise of student-centered teaching effectiveness and excellence at the undergraduate level. Additionally, candidates are expected to meet standards for professional scholarship and to assist in curriculum development and other service to the department, school, and community.
The compensation package for this position is competitive and is based on the expatriate model. Besides tax-exempt basic salary, it includes housing, annual two-way airfare, health / life insurance, professional memberships, conference attendance expenses, assistance with children's tuition, and other components.
The American University in Dubai is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995. It serves UAE nationals and international students who seek world-class career-oriented education. AUD, as an international institution of higher education, encourages global understanding by providing an atmosphere of cultural diversity and opportunities for an international education.
Applications will be accepted and evaluated until this position is filled.
Interested applicants must submit the following requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading Chemistry.
• Cover letter
• Updated CV
• Statement of teaching philosophy
• Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references
Alternatively, applicants can submit their application materials to the following postal address:
The American University in Dubai
P.O. Box 28282, Dubai, U.A.E.
No telephone calls please.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for a follow-up interview.