This fellowship position is a joint-appointment with University of Cambridge/UIUC/UCLA and Zhejiang University.
The associated research team is actively collaborating with top researchers University of Cambridge, University of Illinois at Urbana &Champaign, and UCLA.
Zhejiang University (ranked TOP 3 in China) invites qualified applicants for the 2019 Distinguished Postdoc Research Fellowship. The research position is in the area of solid-state physics, 2D materials and nano-devices. The Research Fellow and Research professor can serve as Principal Investigator for NSFC project.
The fellowship will support the postdocs/research assistant professor to do research in Cambridge/UIUC/UCLA for one year, which depends on the detail research project requirements. The postdoc fellow will be co-advised by one senior Professor from Cambridge/UIUC/UCLA and one senior professor from Zhejiang University.
We seek candidates with PhD degree in physics, engineering, material sciences, chemistry or a related field.
Mandatary Qualifications: The candidate should have a PhD degree from a University with TOP 100 World Ranking for the application qualification.
Qualifications (Not necessary but preferred):
• Solid understanding in semiconductor physics, chemistry, solid-state devices, and photodetectors
• Hands-on experience in 2D nanomaterials, nano-sensors, or optoelectronic devices
• Ability to conduct high-quality independent research
• Excellent track record in research publication
• Clean-room experience: a great plus
Salary, Compensation and Benefits:
• Annual salary: RMB 250,000--300,000 ( = US$ $40000--45,000 )
• Housing subsidized by the university, tax-refund (for a non-Chinese citizen) and other fringe benefits
• After three years of research, qualified candidate can be promoted to a tenure-track assistant professor
Please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
• 3-5 Representative journal papers
• Copy of Ph.D. Thesis (if graduated)
• Contact information of four references